Lately I have been working on a new project and I have not got time to update this blog. The new project is new nano tank!
This time it is a custom job with all the bells and whistles. Its bigger, nicer and easier to maintain than the Fluval edge and maybe more automated in a long run. I will post my progress about this tank here as well.
It will take few more weeks to get this thing ready for rocks and sand. I will transfer my SPS and LPS from Fluval edge here and make Fluval edge more like a softies tank.
I have to say big thanks to staff at akvaarioon.fi net store for great customer service and making this build possible.
Here are current details of project
- Rimless 100cm x 40 cm x 40cm (39″ x 15″ x 15″) about 160 litres / 42 gal
- Made of Pilkington Optiwhite glass and drilled for overflow
- Small sump (56 Litres / 14 gal)
- Maggie Muffler overflow silencer
- 1″ piping
Example of optiwhite glass:
- Based on Ikea Metod kitchen furiniture
- Custom made top part
- Steel enforced
- Wide opening doors (156 degrees)
- Ikea led lightning with door open switch
- Dual Jebao RW-4 wave makers
- Deltec SC 1351 skimmer
- Tunze Nano ATO (modded)
- Leakage alarms
- APC UPS
- Tunze Silence 1073.020 return pump
- Diy led lights with same controller as Fluval Edge. Nanobox Array V3 led units from Nanobox Reef
- Aquamedic Reef Doser Evo 4 for balling
- Custom Raspberry Pi based controller (on the works)
- Nexa wireless power sockets (controller by RPI)
- Rock base going to be: Real Reef Rock 4th version
- Caribsea Ocean Direct Oolite sand
- Tropic Marin Bio-Actif sea salt
- Tropic Marin original balling with trace elements A & K